Focusing on Achievement and Learning
Having a Growth Mindset means to focus on Achievement and Learning—not one or the other. A growth mindset allows individuals and the team to fully embrace the tough stuff that people, teams and organizations are faced with:
- Challenges: People, Process and Products that are not performing to expectations
- Struggles: With customers, clients and competition
- Criticism: Warranted or unwarranted feedback to work being performed
- Setbacks: With ideas, concepts and solutions that are presented
A growth mindset opens individuals and teams to fully open their minds to realize potential, focus on skill building and learning from efforts.
WHY A GROWTH MINDSET?
- It taps into both "sides" of the brain
- Allows people to love what they are doing
- Makes knowledge and skill building part of the outcomes
- Skills and abilities grow from our natural curiousities
- Leaders and managers will learn and teach instead of judge
- Interests blossom into real abilities